Braille Award Frequently Asked Questions
Who may apply?
Students, current or future teachers, parents, Braille learners, readers, instructors and transcribers.
How much should I request?
Requests range from $300 to as much as $8,000.
How are monies from Awards used?
Awards are to advance Braille literacy for awardees and others.
See examples below:
- Braille writers & embossers
- Electronic Braille notetakers
- Refreshable Braille keyboard or displays
- Braille instructional materials, tools and textbooks
- Introduction to Braille reading and writing
- Advanced Braille training
- University level education Braille courses
- A Braille Storybook Collection for preschoolers.
When Should I Apply?
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To learn more, email Awards Committee Chair, Barbara Cheadle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.